With several factors driving change and influencing innovation in the global automotive industry, the biggest driver is regulatory compliance for emission and safety. Today the markets are witnessing a shift from traditional economies to developing economies like Brazil, China and India. New markets imply new requirements across safety, price, usage patterns, environmental conditions, supplier ecosystems and features. On the other hand, consumers today are demanding innovation and advanced features across safety, infotainment and comfort that require the integration of advanced electronics in vehicles. Automotive manufacturers and suppliers must take advantage of best-in-class technology to stay ahead of the competition, survive in new markets and tackle these key challenges.
Tech Mahindra offers connected automotive engineering solutions to global automotive players that address these complex business challenges. Our solutions are complemented by our wide ranging competencies in design, development, validation, testing and integration. Our end to end consulting experience in Safety and Reliability Engineering, Should Costing and Value Engineering enables us to deliver next generation automotive solutions to customers globally and at competitive prices.
Tech Mahindra’s Automotive Engineering practice has been providing a broad range of engineering services and solutions to the global automotive industry for over 10 years. We have partnered with several major original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and Tier 1 suppliers across the globe on various programs ranging from Body Engineering, safety, infotainment to electronics and more. Our significant experience in the automotive industry means that we are attuned to the challenges that the industry is facing and how we can use technology to address them.
Tech Mahindra has several years of experience in large scale system integration for automotive clients globally:
- Partner you at all stages, from innovation to design to rollout
- Large engineering pool with capabilities in mechanical, electronics and mechatronics engineering
- Specialize in high end analysis, electronics, PLM, sourcing and telematics
- Expertise in and access to manufacturing and sourcing, testing and validation
- Dedicated labs for design, verification and validation
- A strong understanding of global standards, certification requirements and quality procedures for regulatory and safety compliance
- Engineering expertise, especially in the niche domain areas of Brakes, Steering, Powertrain, Tire Engineering, Driver Assistance Systems (DAS) and areas that require high-end analysis
- Solutions adopting emerging technologies such as Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- ISO 26262 safety consultancy and alignment with customer processes
Tech Mahindra is a partner to global automotive Fortune 500 leaders and Tier 1 suppliers. We have global engagements with leading companies and provide a range of services uniquely tailored to address key industry challenges. We have the capability to add significant value to your business and enable transformation with our innovative automotive engineering services and solutions
- Body panels and closures
- Chassis systems
- Infotainment and telematics
- Body controls
- In-vehicle networking and diagnostics
Tech Mahindra has been providing solutions to the automotive industry for over 10 years. We can provide future ready solutions for the industry by connecting technology, businesses and customers through innovative platform:
- We have a relationship with several major original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and Tier 1 suppliers across the globe.
- We provide virtual design and vehicle level simulation for major subsystems in vehicles.
- We have matured practices for safety, reliability, Value Engineering and design methodologies like Design for Six Sigma and Design for Manufacture.
- We are experienced in verification and validation of safety and mission critical systems.
- We are experts in development of test jigs, fixtures and test automation tools.
- We are a member of the globally recognized GENIVI alliance.
- We are Automotive SPICE PATHFINDER Level 3 Maturity certified.
Body Panels and Closures
Tech Mahindra incorporates state-of-the-art methods in designing, modelling, drawing generation, simulation of body panels and closures with special focus on low weight designing strategies for on-going and future vehicles. Our design capability adds best in class values like intelligently integrating a growing number of functionality, flexibility and efficiency in production process and optimizing space constraints. We take the complete ownership in the pre-development, development, planning and production support activities for OEMs, their system suppliers and engineering service providers. We provide:
- Body panels
- Body-in-white components, styling surfaces and closure panels
- Hinges for doors, seals for windscreens and doors, stamping and reinforcements
- Door and deck lid assemblies, underbody structures, tailgate and B-pillars
- Mirrors, assembly sequences and weld fixtures
We have been designing elegant, reliable, durable and sustainable car exteriors for decades. We are capable of performing full body analysis with multiple simulation applications exposure. We provide high strength and high quality designing solutions that deliver significant cost savings, compact design, reduction in weight and fantastic styling flexibility. We focus on quality enhancement using model check and best practices. Our body exteriors solutions include:
- Auto body styling and accessories - bumpers, sun or moon roofs, external enclosures
- Fog lights and accessories - fog bezels, fender flares, fog lamp chrome bezel
- Grilles and components - grilles, radiator grilles, grille opening reinforcements
- Exterior accessories - dog houses, luggage carriers, front and rear facia, foot boards
- Door handles and accessories - handles, mud guards
We adopt industry best practices to design safe and futuristic car interiors. We provide optimized designs accommodating comfort, style safety, sustainability, durability. Our designs are configurable to meet individual OEM requirements. We provide:
- Seating systems
- Ceiling, flooring and floor carpets
- Interiors trims, air vents, ducts
- Interior packaging
We are an independent active and passive safety solution provider for AUTOSAR, ISO 26262. Our innovative solutions in the space of manufacturing and production deliver cost benefits to customers. Our passion and innovation have helped customers to develop distinct and competent assets while ensuring safety and reliability. We have been providing solutions for highly efficient, robust, optimized and safe products while balancing vehicle dynamics, stress field and driving comfort with assurance of quality, cost and performance targets. Our expertise includes:
- Chassis, frames and body - frames, clutch, gear box, propeller shaft, differentials
- Steering System - EPHS and EPS
- Braking System - EPB
- Vehicle stability and adaptive suspension systems
- Occupant Safety Systems, engine and sub-systems
- Camera and Radar based Driver Assistance Systems
Tech Mahindra provides environment friendly solutions like low fuel consumption and low exhaust emission powertrains. Our solutions work with existing engine types and can also work with hybrid and electrical vehicles. We work on platforms based on Freescale, TI and ARM cores and multimedia frameworks like Gstreamer, OpenCore, OpenMAX etc. We provide solutions for application, middleware porting and software maintenance.
- Engine and exhaust systems
- Transmission system - clutch parts, gear box, synchronizer
- Hybrid or electric vehicle solutions
- After treatment
Infotainment and Telematics
We provide next generation infotainment and telematics smart solutions that can reduce your cost and time-to-market. Our solution features exceptions user experience (UX) with graphics and 3D animation in our advanced HMI Development for IVI System. We help develop products that are highly functional, comfortable to operate, simple to upgrade and reliable. With our proven innovation capabilities, we can create unique Infotainment and Telematics solutions for you.
- HMI and application software
- Rear seat entertainment systems
- Infotainment and telematics
- Remote monitoring applications
- 3rd party application software and app store development
Tech Mahindra delivers reliable, innovative and high performance solutions that comply with constraints like real-time operations, computation, configuration and co-ordination. We develop solutions for control units from individual functions up to complete ECU series software. We validate control units using independent software verification methods with the help of tools and testing procedures across the entire development chain.
- Motors and motor controllers
- Vehicle electrical harness
In-vehicle Networking and Diagnostics
We provide reliable AUTOSAR architecture and integration solutions. We deliver scalable and customizable on-board diagnostics tools. We are experts in automotive diagnostics and work on protocols like OBD interface, CAN bus, LIN bus etc. We provide comprehensive software services for innovative in-vehicle routing and switching technologies available in market.
- AUTOSAR architecture and integration
- Diagnostic software
- ECU diagnostics
- Electrical and electronics architecture benchmarking: Developed next-generation electrical and electronics technology roadmap for a leading truck manufacturer based in North America
- HMI behavioral study: Developed tools to allow fast HMI design iteration and evaluation of vehicle controls and displays in a vehicle cockpit environment
- Global Engineering Strategy: Developed and implemented the global engineering strategy for a leading Automotive Tier-1 supplier with operations spread across North America and Europe
- Electric Vehicle: Program management of motor and controller design for a leading OEM
- Engineering database divestiture: Led the program to split the entire engineering database on account of global brand divestiture for a leading OEM
- Electronic Power Steering: Achieved 20% cost reduction in the electronics system and saved over $10 million for a Tier-1 supplier
- Bumper Beam: Achieved $2.1 million savings and 60% weight reduction through Value Engineering for a global OEM
- Steering system: Migrated subsystems design for ISO 26262 compliance
- Airbags: Redesigned airbag reaction with reduced parts, weight and assembly operations for a global Tier-1 supplier to achieve 12% in cost savings
- Window systems: Improved reliability of motorized window winding system from 24% to 98% for a global Tier-1 supplier
Let Tech Mahindra’s reliable, innovative and high performance automotive and design engineering solutions help you reduce cost and time-to-market, address the business challenges, increase return on your investment. For more information, email us or contact us here