Development of shale gas occurs on a large scale covering region. Once the resource is extracted, it is mandatory to return much of the landscape to its pre-construction state. Exploitation involves designing of well pads and associated roads and pipelines to accommodate the transportation and storage of gas along with large quantities of fresh and waste water.
Our Flexible Assessment, Monitoring and Exploitation (FAME) solution is based on Geographic Information System (GIS) framework that enables shale explorers with a single operational view. The solution helps shale explorers to make timely decisions and bring in the efficiencies of a shale factory during:
- Discovery and planning stage
- Drilling, reservoir evaluation and production
- Operations management, e.g. water lifecycle management that is addressed by our Managing Aquatic Resources for Shale (MARSHAL) framework
The solution is based on our Network, Mobility, Analytics, Cloud and Security (NMACS) framework that makes it highly scalable and secure. Mobile enablement brings in agility in operations and analytics capabilities bring actionable business insights.
Key Business Benefits
- Enables easy monitoring through single operations picture enables easy monitoring
- Enables seamless collaboration and information sharing
- Initiates faster retrieval and analysis leading to increased productivity and organizational capability
- Facilitates monitoring of ground water resource quality for better regulatory compliance
- Assists in reserve audits, asset development plans and business planning processes by visualization of reserve and production data