Artwork and Packaging Management involves:
- Managing the changes required in product packaging basis customer brief
- Adapting the customer artwork to the new packaging by converting the source language into different languages.
In the life sciences industry, drug recalls have a big impact on the cost and brand image of various organizations. Each artwork studio functions in its own way. In addition, staffing issues result in a delay in artwork release, which in turn leads to stock out for many products.
Another challenge is the decentralization of operations. Regional design centers set up for each site or market leads to increased costs. The different design centers follow their own standards and procedures and there is absence of effective knowledge management systems. In addition, there is no access to prior artwork and compliance to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines.
- 2 or 3 product recalls every year led to higher costs and lower brand perception
- Lack of process standardization – each artwork studio did it in their own way
- Delay in artwork release due to staffing issues led to stock out for many products
To address the challenges, we offer the Artwork and Packaging Management solution to our customers. The solution is a high-end Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) offering that encompasses end-to-end product lifecycle management tool that has the capability to track artwork from the originator to final printing.
- Consolidated various artwork studios into Regional Service Centers (RSC), globally
- Set-up standardized process using a single workflow tool
- Created multi-skilled team spread across various sites and markets
- Setup FDA compliant and validated environment with multi-lingual capability
- Implementation of a centralized Global Pack Management (GPM) system and an offshore service center
- Standardized change management process
- 24x7 operational capabilities
- Multi-lingual support