With customer-centricity becoming increasingly important, OEMs and importers are realizing the importance of addressing the entire lifecycle of a customer. While automakers have invested heavily in technologies for creating great customer experiences around the first steps in the engagement lifecycle - in which customers discover, choose, and ultimately buy their cars – very few carmakers are actively innovating in the aftermarket space. Customer experiences around using and servicing cars often lack sophistication, and customer intimacy is still a pipedream.
Tech Mahindra’s Aftermarket Connected Car Suite solution is targeted at the existing vehicle base of OEMs and importers, and guarantees distinct competitive advantage by providing innovative after-sales business models, involving new ways of collaboration among customers, dealers, financial services providers, leasing providers, insurance providers and OEMs.
This is a turn-key telematics managed service based on a refit telematics box for all vehicles on the road since the year 1996. The key features of this service include:
- Is remotely updatable through over-the-air firmware updates and therefore 100% future-proof
- Directly listens on the CAN-BUS and NOT the OBD-2 port and is therefore highly customizable based on CAN-IDs
- Offers a configurable GPS module and industrial SIM card with dedicated APN, 10 year warranty and no roaming charges
- Includes an integrated customer & dealer portal with sophisticated e-2-e automotive processes allowing direct marketing, cross sale as well as a host of value added services
- Boasts an innovation pipeline of new business models, like telematics loyalty bonus points, enterprise apps, vehicle lifecycle marketing, electronic logbook, carbon footprint etc.
Aftermarket Connected Car Suite combines Tech Mahindra’s deep automotive domain knowledge and experience combined with the following key capabilities of the connected world:
- Connected engineering - infotainment, telematics and in-vehicle diagnostics
- Enterprise mobility - app & portal development, visualization and user experience
- BI & analytics - big data analytics for a 360° view of the vehicle, environment and customer
- Telco & billing capabilities - transactional charging and itemized billing
- Infrastructure & platforms - cloud hosting, storage, security and software-defined networks
This offering is built to reconnect owners of on-road vehicles with the automaker, where the relationship has floundered, and deepen customer engagement and build intimacy, where the relationship is nascent.
Tech Mahindra’s Aftermarket Connected Car Suite