V S Parthasarathy (fondly known as Partha) is a man with multiple thinking hats and a global leader. In his role as Group CFO, Mahindra & Mahindra Limited (M&M) & Group CIO, he facilitates Mahindra Group in accomplishing its vision of ‘being amongst the Top 50 most admired brands in the world. He is a member of the think-tank of Mahindra Group’ssupervisory board called “Group Executive Board”. He is on board of 15 group companies, and is also a memberof the Global IT Customer Advisory Board of CISCO &APJ Customer Advisory Board of HP.
Partha started his career with Modi Xerox as a Management Trainee and before he joined Mahindra & Mahindra in 2000, he was the Associate Director at Xerox. At M&M, he spearheaded functions like Finance, HR, M&A, IT and International Operations before he was appointed CFO – M&M.
He has received many accolades and recognitions in the field of Finance, M&A & IT;some notable awards being:
- As Group CFO
- CFO Hall of Fame – from CFO India in 2014 for life time contribution to world of Finance
- CFO Innovation Asia Award 2014 for Excellence in Mergers & Acquisitions
- CFO Manufacturing Sector –At 8th ICAI Awards 2014 by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- ‘CFO of the Year’ 2013 award – from International Market Assessment (IMA)
- Best CFO of India Award by Corporate Excellence Awards
- As Group CIO
- CIOL Life Time Achievement Award by CIOL's C-Change Enterprise Awards 2015
- Global CIO-Hall of Fame 2012 by Information Week,
- CIO 100 – Hall of Fame by CIO after winning the awards for 4 consecutive years.
- As Head of Group Finance and Mergers & Acquisition
- Best CFO Award - 2012 by Business Today / Yes Bank in the “Enhancing Competitiveness through M&As.
- Facilitation of Global M&A Strategy by CCH Wolters & Kluwer
- Award for Innovation & excellence for ‘Treasury Transformation’ from TMI
- Two Awards for Mahindra CIE Deal (Deal Size 1bn+) from
M&A Atlas Global Award -
- Best Deal of the Year and Best Corporate Global Dealmaker of the year
Some of his key career achievements are:
- Key player in Mahindra USA – Journey from 1000 to 10000 tractors per annum as Head FES -International Operations, M&M.
- Cost leadership initiative in FES – bringing down breakeven point by ~ 40% from 52K tractors to 32K tractors
- Positioned Mahindraon the global map by handling acquisitions of companies in various geographies like Korea, China and USA; handling more than 50 M&A transactions
- Deal of the decade: Global alliance between Mahindra& CIE Automotive S.A. of Spain
- Spearheaded the implementation of ERP platform through ‘Project Harmony’ for the group.
- Ideated and implemented the first ever Indian 50 years unsecured, rated, listed bullet bonds for Rs. 500 cr.
Partha is focused on professional excellence, continuous learning and developing young talent within the Group. He is passionate about building team spirit and encouraging innovations. He enjoys public speaking and manages to make time for interactions in industry forums for F&A, M&A and IT.
Partha, holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce and is a fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He is Harvard Alumni ofAdvanced Management Program -batch 2011. He has also been part of Mahindra Group’s Senior Management team for Group strategy development, facilitated by Harvard Business School.
Partha and his wife, Jayashree live in Mumbai and are blessed with two sons.