Mahindra Satyam declares 30% dividend, Symbolizes complete turnaround Q4 net profit zooms 468% sequentially
Hyderabad – May 16, 2013: Mahindra Satyam, a leading global consulting and IT services provider, today announced its consolidated financial results under Indian GAAP for its fourth quarter and year ended March 31, 2013.
Financial Highlights for the quarter ended March 31, 2013:
- Consolidated Revenues at Rs 1,936 crore, up 16% YoY
- EBITDA at Rs 389 crore, margins at 20.1%, improves by 261 bps YoY
- PAT (before exceptional items) at Rs 320 crore
- One-time exceptional expense reversal of Rs 134 crore in Q4
- PAT (after exceptional items) at Rs 454 crore versus Rs 80 crore in the Q3
- EPS (after exceptional item) was Rs 3.86 per share for Q4FY13
Financial Highlights for the year ended March 31, 2013:
- Revenues at Rs 7,693 crore, up 20% YoY
- EBITDA at Rs 1,632 crore, up 59% YoY; margin at 21.2%, improves by 521 bps YoY
- PAT (before exceptional items) at Rs 1,324 crore vs Rs 1,197 crore up 11% YoY
- One-time exceptional expense of Rs 160 crore during FY13
- PAT (after exceptional items) at Rs 1,164 crore versus Rs 1,306 crore for FY12
- EPS (after exceptional items) was Rs 9.89 per share for FY13
Financial Highlights in USD (per convenience translation)
- Fourth Quarter Revenues at USD 359 million, up 1.0% QoQ
- EBITDA at USD 72 million
- Q4FY13 PAT (before exceptional items) at USD 59 million
- Q4FY13 PAT (after exceptional items) at USD 84 million
- Revenues for FY13 at USD 1,412 million, up 8.0% YoY
- EBITDA for FY13 at USD 300 million
- FY13 PAT (before exceptional items) at USD 243 million
- FY13 PAT (after exceptional items) at USD 214 million
- Total headcount stood at 36,067 as of March 31, 2013, YoY net addition of 2,714
- Attrition stable at 14% in Q4FY13
- Active number of clients stood at 385
- Cash and cash equivalent stood at Rs 2,922 crore as of March 31, 2013
Vineet Nayyar, Chairman, Mahindra Satyam, said, “The turnaround of Mahindra Satyam is symbolically and practically complete. The merger which is at its penultimate phase will embark a new chapter for Mahindra Satyam. We sincerely thank all stake holders for supporting us during this crucial phase”
Speaking on the occasion, CP Gurnani, CEO, Mahindra Satyam, said, “The large deal win during this quarter is of particular significance and vindicates our investment of time and effort in this area. Our preparedness with Connected Solutions for a Connected World remains positive and we are hopeful of similar wins, which will help us accelerate our growth in the ensuing quarters.”
- Won a large multi-year multi-million contract from a large APAC based Paper & Packaging giant for end-to-end ownership and business transformation for IT Applications and Infrastructure. The contract also covers Engineering and Sourcing support which Mahindra Satyam will leverage the Mahindra Group capabilities to bring operational efficiencies in the Client’s business as well as its end customers’ businesses.
- Was awarded contract for CRM billing and implementation and support by a leading utilities Company based out of Middle East
- Selected by a leading US based automobile company to develop and transform its Warranty business. Mahindra Satyam will leverage its alliance with Pega to create a global “ One Warranty” system for the customer
- India’s leading Public Sector Enterprise in power generation has awarded a Business Process Management (BPM) project on integration of its competencies.
- Won a significant deal in enhancing Manufacturing Operations based on Intelligent Manufacturing processes for one of world largest natural resources company
Mahindra Satyam appoints Manoj Chugh as Global Head, Business Development
Acquisitions & Partnerships
- Mahindra Satyam acquires Complex IT, one-of-the largest SAP consulting providers, in Brazil
- Mahindra Satyam and TechMatrix signed a partnership agreement for ASEAN region. Both the companies come together to offer Cloud based Healthcare solutions
- Mahindra Satyam signed a joint partnership (MoU) with ‘College of Engineering and Technology’. This is one more initiative around the Industry Academy Interaction program
Human Resource Management
- Our Young CEO program has been initiated with the mindset of nurturing the culture of young entrepreneurship within the organization where identified individuals can take up significant roles with ‘end-to-end’ responsibility in the areas of M&A, new business initiatives, platforms, or developing a new Geography.
- MSAT Rural Sourcing Center @Louisville inaugurated.
- Development Centre at Hague inaugurated - This Development centre will serve key Customers of Tech Mahindra and Mahindra Satyam in the Netherlands and can house 150+ Associates in three floors
Awards, References, New Product launches
- MSAT’s Agile PLM solution wins Best Application Award for GE Healthcare at Oracle Summit
- Mahindra Satyam wins the prestigious ‘Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise’ (MAKE) Award
Tech Mahindra represents the connected world, offering innovative and customer-centric information technology experiences, enabling Enterprises, Associates and the Society to Rise™. We are a USD 4.2 billion company with 117,000+ professionals across 90 countries, helping over 837 global customers including Fortune 500 companies. Our convergent, digital, design experiences, innovation platforms and reusable assets connect across a number of technologies to deliver tangible business value and experiences to our stakeholders. Tech Mahindra is amongst the Fab 50 companies in Asia (Forbes 2016 list).
We are part of the USD 17.8 billion Mahindra Group that employs more than 200,000 people in over 100 countries. The Group operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles,after-market, information technology and vacation ownership.
Connect with us on www.techmahindra.com