TechM’s end-to-end ADOPT methodology for DevOps ensures your system implementation realizes its business objectives. And our implementation expertise in DevOps has enabled us to develop point solutions to address issues specific to your scenario.
It may be assumed that “DevOps” combines development and operational responsibilities. However, DevOps is not about combining traditional responsibilities into a single team. Rather, DevOps is a set of guiding principles and methodology which promotes software excellence throughout its SDLC lifecycle. Barriers between software delivery disciplines are broken down to provide seamless transitions accelerating time to market while improving quality. DevOps is focused on the following goals:
- Establish a culture of collaboration, breaking down traditional silos and common measures of success
- Accelerate time to market with customer feedback
- Maintain current quality while driving improvements for the life of the software through the implementation of DevOps
- Allow for experimentation – institutionalize the idea of fail fast
- Automate traditional operational and development responsibilities
- Leverage platforms to provide turnkey environments
Tech Mahindra DevOps
Tech Mahindra DevOps competency group has structured its 5 C’s offering across the DevOps SDLC into five phases: Continuous Planning, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Monitoring and feedback. Services offered include:
- Advisory services e.g. maturity assessment and roadmap; tool assessment; and organizational change management
- Implementation services; process modeling, solution map design and roll out; use case development; deployment of tools
- Support services: test environment provisioning; test data management; maintenance of DevOps tools; training; reporting
- Application delivery optimization as a service: a hosting service coupled with a opex offering for CA software licenses. ADO includes also advisory, and implementation services as well as support services.
Tech Mahindra wants to further develop its DevOps, through an incremental approach, in an approach it describes as “Continuous Innovation” by:
- Lower TCO by replacing COTS by open source software
- Create differentiated solutions/assets/IC across various industry sectors (such as financial service, manufacturing and healthcare/life science)
- Expand its DevOps offering to mobile applications and to applications hosted in the cloud
- Develop niche offerings e.g. performance engineering, and service virtualization assets around SAP and saleforce.com.