Field Services Offerings
Managed Service is the practice of transferring day to day related management responsibility as a strategic method for improved effective and efficient operations.
Our MS O&M (Managed Services – Operations and Maintenance) offering is a key business lever that enables operators to respond better to market challenges by allowing them to focus on their core competencies.
- End-to-end ownership of operations including key performance indicators (KPIs), service level agreements (SLAs) and system improvement and governance
- Governance includes management reporting, dash boarding and escalation management
- Complete ownership of field operations management
- End-to-end equipment maintenance (Passive and Active), including spares management SLA and KPI management
- Our governance model will provide functional, horizontal regional heads who will own deliveries in a particular region, state or province
- These functional heads will report along a hierarchical chain which culminates at the country head level
- Cohesive, functional structure that delivers strategic advantage of organizational strengths such as quality management, process management, effective and efficient utilization of MS tools
- Synergy and effective management reporting and escalation management
- In the proposed state Tech Mahindra will have an enabling role within Program and Vendor Management functions
- An additional layer will be created to build the Quality Assurance (QA) and Process Engineering Group
- The QA and Process Engineering Group will cut across all functions of existing structure
O&M based Field Operations
- Equipment Maintenance
- Third Party Equipment
- Active Maintenance
- Spare Parts Management
Task based Vendor Evaluation Form (VEF) improvement
- This offering will include our specialist team going through the process of due diligence to identify various gaps. We will provide recommendations to close the gaps
- Improvements will then be categorized on the basis of time duration and priority
- Based on customer requirements the recommended measures will be implemented through our facilitated improved process, reporting, incorporation of MS tools and resource management techniques which will directly result in VEF score gains
Customer1 (8 months)
Consulting service to support transformation project in process optimization and regulation in Managed Services area for China Unicom Network in Huaibei city of Anhui Province.
Primary activities undertaken during the engagement
- Conducted due diligence and studied ‘As-Is’ operational procedures of Customer 1 in three cities of China
- Identified gaps in operations and suggested improvement plans based on priority, duration and cost impact
- Improved Customer1 China Vendor Evaluation Form (VEF) Score from 80-85 percent to 95 percent
- Provided processes, reports and dashboards for continuous improvement
- Improved visibility of overall MS operations to higher management through automated reports and dashboards
Customer2 (18 months)
- End-to-end managed services for various operators under Pan India contract. Currently handling over over 3500 sites across 5 states in India with end-to-end MS O&M.
- We have consistently managed to attain a Vendor Evaluation Form (VEF) score of above 96 percent in all circles from the start of operations. Previously Customer2’s vendors are able to manage a VEF score in the range 70-75 percent only. Our MS offering has drastically reduced major network outages and improved overall end-customer experience for Customer2.
- Telecom major with over 20 years industry experience and knowledge in Operations Support System (OSS), Business Support System (BSS) and Managed Services
- Vendor agnostic and multi-technology capability
- Best industry practices and standards such as enhanced Telecom Operations Map (eTOM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) implemented for all engagements
- One of the few telecom majors to enter the Managed Services Productized Portfolio Offering space with end-to-end knowledge and experience
- One of the few telecom majors to have successfully broken into the managed services arena in China, which has the world’s biggest telecom market
- Invests in long term strategic relationships such as existing ones with British Telecom and AT&T. Have strategic tie-ups with all known industry leaders in telecom domain such as Cisco and many more