Unified Service Operations Platform (USOP) is Tech Mahindra’s envisioned IT Operation platform that has been developed to meet the scalability, complexity and performance requirements of enterprise IT services. USOP combines ITIL Service Management processes, service performance management, system management and IT operations process management with an automation framework that helps in offering an enhanced IT service management experience and tangible business benefit.
TechM USOP was conceptualized, designed and developed in-house in 2011 for effective management of large and complex managed and Shared Service engagements.
Key Features of USOP :
- Single-window sign-on as a platform and unifies Monitoring Tools, Ticketing Tools, Information & Reporting, Communication and Orchestration and renders it on multiple devices including on handheld devices for the benefit of Support Teams and the Customer.
- Enables the system to be platform driven rather than Tool’s driven
- On-the-Go Platform is available: Typically Service Engineers are required to support 24x7, Accessibility of the USOP platform from handheld devices with mobile/ipad/android support, provides significant availability , responsive and convenience
- Real time ticketing, & Integration capabilities
- Supports shared services
Business Challenges USOP addresses:
- Live Infrastructure Status Update
- Time required to access , connect to customer’s environment
- Managing a multi-vendor environment
- Ability to manage infrastructure through multiple devices (mobile device)
- Multiple Sign-on Memorizing URLs, , multiple passwords to login
- Lack of auto integration between vendors
- Recurring Communications from Support to Customer
BENEFITS to Customers:
- Unified, Integrated and live view of Infra landscape
- Significant Cycle time reduction for responses: Customer can directly ask the support personnel OR directly post a query and the support personnel too can get back on his/her handheld device and also directly take a RDP from his USOP platform, which reduces the cycle-time significantly.
- Ability to integrate Management tools and existing customer tools. Customer has the choice to retain their existing tools, esp. for the price conscious market.
- Protects the investment of the Customer, by reusing the existing tools
Benefits to Support Team:
- Typically USOP eases the cumbersome L1 & L2 support team’s challenges to memorize urls, access multiple browsers, monitoring tools, ticketing tools by offering a unified platform with a single-login.
- Connector’s for Cross integration: Eg. we onboard BMC remedy to the platform, which has to be integrated with say any ITSM or monitoring tool, its auto done if a connector is in-built and available.
- One can directly open an SSH or RDP session to an ailing server through the platform itself.
- Provisions for bulletin boards or flash news on tickers> eg. ‘Exchange server down’ OR ‘Telco problem until xx hrs’. Resultant of which the L1 support receives lesser calls to Service desk.
USOP – Unified Service Operation Platform
Unique capability enables Platform based IT Operation management