The global hi-tech industry is transforming rapidly. Consumers demand better and more innovative hi-tech solutions that can transform lives and businesses. Companies must adopt 21st century technology like Machine to Machine (M2M) applications, Internet of Things, intelligent systems to deliver future ready solutions to connected consumers.
Tech Mahindra has a dedicated Hi-tech Engineering practice that has been providing future ready solutions to global leaders in the hi-tech space for over a decade. We have significant expertise in offering product engineering, testing and value-added services to leading global players in the hi-tech industry. Our industry leading engineering solutions are enabling our customers to transform and launch products for a connected world. Our significant experience in the hi-tech industry means that we are aware of the challenges that the industry is facing and how we can use technology to address them.
- Solution accelerators for faster time to market
- Established ecosystems for New Product Development (NPD)
- Go-to-market initiatives with silicon manufacturers
- Development processes and procedures compliant to regulations and standards such as IEEE, IEC and FDA 510(k) for streamlined compliance
- Flexible engagements such as Fixed Bid and risk sharing investment models
Key Partnerships, Alliances, Memberships:
- Practice maturity in hardware, firmware and middleware
- Expertise in mechanical, embedded hardware, firmware, device driver development support and ISV
- Dedicated laboratory infrastructure for network interoperability testing, WiMAX pre-certification testing, mobile testing and product development and validation
- Expertise in design and manufacturing of composites
- Focus on developing frameworks and reusable software modules
Electronic devices strongly influence and empower all our lives today. The already enormous and still growing capacities and capabilities of smart devices, transmission and rapid manipulation of data have changed the dynamics of our connected lifestyles.
Tech Mahindra is one of the leading hi-tech engineering and technology solutions providers with expertise to cater to a wide spectrum of customers in:
- Consumer electronics
- Office automation
- Gaming and multimedia devices
- Mobile and smart devices
- Application engineering
- Storage and Mass Storage Validation
Apart from the range of solutions we offer, Tech Mahindra’s Hi-tech practice also offers System Integration capabilities. Coupled with our extensive experience in embedded systems, electronics engineering and applications development, our System Integration expertise extends to large scale systems.
We offer a range of solutions to the Consumer Electronics industry ranging from IPTV, set top boxes and music players to Point-of-Sale systems and gaming platforms. We have delivered over 200 man years of engineering to customers across these areas.
- Real Time OS customization
- Customized user interface design and development for touch panel displays
- Digital Signal Processing applications such as face recognition
- Complete software platform development
- Connected homes
- Media streaming solutions
- Hardware prototype development
- Multimedia framework integration such as OpenMAX, GStreamer, packetvideo, helix etc.
- Implementation of communication standards like DLNA, Zigbee, WiFi, Bluetooth
- UI and HMI design and application development for Qt, Altia, DroidDraw, SCADA etc.
- Development of prototypes and ecosystem support for manufacturing
- Device and field testing for electronics
- Game porting, Game artwork, Casino games conversion across platform
- Centre of Excellence for gaming across casino, console, online, social, mobile and TV games
- Middleware engineering, gaming frameworks development and third party device integration
We offer a variety of innovative solutions to the Office Automation industry encompassing POS printers, multi-function printers, label printers, thermal printers, scanners and copiers. We manage a key New Product Development program for a leading Japanese OEM and have delivered several man years of engineering to the Office Automation industry over the years.
- Product development and maintenance
- Printer driver development
- Globalization and localization
- Platform migration and font management
- Workflow and document management solutions
- MFP controller solutions
- Board and reference design
- OS migration
- Image processing
- Device management
- Value Added Solutions
- Camera integration
- Mobile printing
- Electronic hardware design and Component Engineering
- Firmware and application development
- Industrial design
- Multimedia solutions
- Verification and Validation, Compliance testing (WHQL)
- Sustenance and Value Engineering
Our Mobile Devices practice is a leader in creating and delivering innovative solutions to the global mobile devices industry. We are a member of the Android and iPhone developer programs. We operate a device testing lab certified by a leading American operator. We have in-house tools to accelerate application porting across Java platforms. Additionally, we have a comprehensive and growing test case repository of over 12,000 test cases.
- Mobile syncing with in car infotainment systems
- Performance optimization for boot loaders
- Value Added Solution (VAS) development like navigation
- Device testing and certification, field testing
- BSP customization (Linux, WinMobile, VxWorks, etc)
- Platform porting (Android, Linux, WinCE, WinMobile, etc)
- Multimedia framework integration (OpenMAX, GStreamer, packetvideo, helix, etc)
- Third party component integration
- Rich UI/UX development
- Rich UI/UX design and application development for mobile platforms like Android, iOS, Blackberry, WinMobile, etc
- Development of hardware, software, application and app store integration
- Device test factory, device realization and certification
- Ready to use Unified Mobility platform
Our expertise in and solutions to the Semiconductor industry range from ASIC, FPGA, SoC to Hardware accelerators. We have delivered a variety of solution such as design for a voice enabled SOHO router, CAN2USB converter, data recorder interface, Design, Verification and Validation for 10 Gigabit Ethernet MAC, hyper transport tunnels and more. We also have a joint development program for robotics with a semiconductor market leader.
- Test bench development and Verification and Validation (V&V)
- Reference platform development and customization
- Multi core software development
- Verification and Validation plans for ASIC/FPGA IP cores and designs
- Development of verification environment using Bus Functional Models (BFMs), monitors, checker, test pattern packet generates and score boards
- Test bench in SystemC, Verilog, VHDL, System Verilog, eVC
- Expertise in tools such as VCS, NCSIM, Specman
- Validation platform buildup (FPGA/Processor based)
- Expertise in scripting languages like Perl, Shell, AWK, TCL
Our huge pool of software engineers has envisioned, architected, designed, developed and deployed a variety of software solutions. Our in-house expertise encompasses solutions across social networking, web services, cloud, security and rights management and user experience (UX). We have several alliances with technology leaders in cloud integration and testing. Additionally, we have delivered several million hours of software services to customers globally across technologies and platforms.
- Social networking plug-ins and framework
- Enterprise customization of software
- Seamless integration of applications with mobile devices
- In-house tools to accelerate time to market
- Joint go-to-market business model to enable profitability and wider reach for customers
- Expertise and partnership in developing web based solutions
- Plug-in development
- UI design and development
- Cloud framework setup, maintenance and integration
- Deployment testing
- Storage management, virtualization and platform development
- Data warehousing, data integration and virtualization
- Analysis, reporting and data visualization
- Application testing
- System integration and verification
- Android platform testing
Our expertise in Servers and Storage extends from scalability testing, test automation and server interoperability testing for servers to device development, command and functional testing and application and benchmark testing for storage devices. We are also focused on developing industry leading solutions in Software Defined Storage. Additionally, we provide solutions in customized cloud storage, ASIC development and validation, system design and testing for servers and protocol validation for SATA, SAS and SCSI.
- Server validation
- Power consumption
- PSU verification
- Boot options
- Remote BIOS update
- Logged errors and report
- Power Monitoring
- Reboot on Wake on LAN (WOL) verification
- Storage validation
- Enterprise level
- Command functional
- Protocol (SATA/SAS/NVMe)
- Application and performance
- Cold storage validation
- Open Vault Enclosure
- Micro sever (PCI-e card)
- Data center validation
- Competitive analysis
- Operating Mode
- End to End enterprise validation
- Interoperability validation
- Multi core software development
- Hardware validation
- Firmware lifecycle
- Events, alerts and logs
- Remote operation
- Strategic technologies
- Certification for OCP branding
- SoC validation
- SoC design and integration
- Integrating new peripherals for SoC upgrades
- Functional verification by creating different test cases
- Debugging & resolution of functional issues of SoC
- Board validation and debugging
- FPGA prototyping
- Vision-based robotics: Developed a platform-based solution for motor control, image processing and vision guidance for orienting robotic arm control and identifying basic 3D shapes and colors of objects.
- Driver drowsiness detection: Developed an integrated solution consisting of driver drowsiness alert system which detects face, feature extraction, eyes blinking rate and face recognition.
- Automatic Vehicle Location Tracking (AVLT): Developed a productized solution capable of tracking and transmitting vehicle position and vehicle health information.
- Downloadable interactive games: Developed and deployed games for an Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) network with reduced time-to-market.
- Flight-booking application: Developed a flight-booking Android phone application for a travel site with advanced features such as Global Positioning System (GPS) integration, contact integration and one click call for customer support.
- IPSTB/Connected TV solutions: Delivered a hybrid IP+ DVB-S STB SW solution as per Open IPTV forum standards with platform porting.
- Mass Storage Device Validator (MSDV): Designed and developed a single solution for application and device level validation. MSDV supports multiple operating systems and multiple protocols such as eMMC, SATA, SAS, NVMe.
- Value Engineering for Server Blade Infrastructure: Identified cost drivers and benchmarked against competitors. Reduced BOM cost by 30% and reduced time-to-market by 23%. Our efforts in developing modular designs for Server Systems, CPU family, Power Supply Unit, front/back panels reduced NPI cycle times by 50%.
- Unit stackable motherboards: Reduced cost by 30% and achieved cost savings of $21 per unit by designing a common FRU and single power supply unit and cooling system for stackable motherboards.
- SSD NAND FTL firmware development: Performed NAND Flash FTL modification and file system testing and technical documentation with quick turnaround times for implementation.
Benefit from our advanced Hi-Tech Engineering Technology Solutions & Services uniquely tailored to suit your business needs. Our holistic approach towards addressing complex technology challenges helps you reach your business goals, reduce cost and time-to-market. For more information, email us or contact us here.