Field Quality Issue Discovery and Traceability framework by Tech Mahindra's manufacturing vertical bridges the critical gap between product failure identification, diagnosis & resolution and loops the Customer Service, Quality, Production, Sourcing, and Engineering departments. Visibility into on-field information from the point of failure to source of failure and suppliers helps OEMs in
- Reducing Detection to Correction (DTC) times by 25 to 50 percent
- Reduce overall warranty related costs by 10 to 20 percent
- Improve Early warning by up to 50 percent
Field Quality Issue Discovery and Traceability framework helps multiple stakeholders:
- Manufacturing and Quality Assurance can trace information back through a product's value chain and expose critical elements that lead to the root causes of its failure.
- Field Quality Analysts can proactively explore structured and unstructured data to discover emerging issues, identify problems, and detect key factors in product failures.
- Supplier Quality engineers can identify which supply locations require value-added/value-engineering (VA/VE) assistance.
- Purchasing and Sourcing can quickly aggregate and analyze claim data at a supplier and part-number level to improve supplier charge back and increase leverage during contract negotiations.
- Engineering can identify critical field failure and reliability data that can be used during part selection and product improvements.