Overwhelming response greeted Tech Mahindra’s Network Services Strategy as it was unveiled at the company’s Hinjewadi campus in Pune. The audience comprised leading industry analysts, partners, Tech Mahindra’s leadership team and several Tech Mighties, representing Engineering, Pre-Sales Solutions and Delivery units. The conclave was set off with every person in the audience playing the Djembe (an African percussion instrument), participating in a spontaneous jam session.
Mr. Manish Vyas, CEO, Network Services, Tech Mahindra, said, “The industry is on the cusp of becoming a Digital Enterprise”. CSPs will have to reinvent the network in order to balance the cost of operations while launching new services at high speeds.
To ensure a strong and stable foundation that enables Digital Growth, CSPs need to adopt the strategy of “Run Better”, “Change Faster” (reinventing their core asset with the likes of NFV/VNFs, CRAN, Hosted VNFs with benchmarking, and Software Within approach for Orchestration etc. ), and “Grow Greater” to scale new monetization avenues e.g. 5G, IOT, Smart City etc.
Mr. Manish Vyas delivered the keynote speech, unveiling the three-pronged strategy, which was discussed at length by respective leaders. A number of live demonstrations helped the audience understand each facet of the strategy, followed by keynote speeches by Tech Mahindra’s partner in the ecosystem.
I was delighted to moderate the “Run”-themed panel discussion on “Addressing challenges in running networks with latest tools, analytics and automation”. The panel comprised a senior industry analyst from Frost & Sullivan, the Founder and CTO of Cango Networks, and the Vice President of Cellos Software.
Some of the points discussed by the panel were:
1. Cost and margin pressures, along with improved CE/QoE, are important drivers to optimize and drive tools/automation in Network Design, Deploy and Operate aspects
2. Hybrid Network is a reality and CSPs will be dealing with it for a considerable period of time. Therefore, another driver is to free up bandwidth and reskill existing Network Engineering staff to handle “Hybrid Network” and “Network of Future”.
3. Operators are challenged with Multi-Technology/Multi-Vendor/Silo’ed (Regional OpCos) Networks. Also, Data Quality of network is not satisfactory.
4. Multiple reasons of following the traditional way: Automation implementation challenges due to regional operations, justification on RoI especially for Predictive Analytics
5. To achieve desired results of implementation of tools, automation; quality of network data has to be the best. E.g. the most accurate topology view.
6. AI: Machine Learning/NBA can certainly be implemented to achieve next level of automation and should be taken case by case basis. E.g. Repetitive Tickets, Alarms and level of maturity of MOPs followed.
7. If upstream OSS/BSS systems are not kept in sync with tools/automation done by Network Operations teams; it will propel data discrepancy issues and will impediment an automated RCA.
8. To avoid Déjà vu; CSPs need to ensure higher adoption of tools, automation and analytics.
Stay Connected. Stay Tuned.
Join us on the 26th of October at the Tech Mahindra Network Services Conclave, San Francisco, where Tech Mahindra’s Network Services leadership team will present our strategy to transform network services for our customers. Meet Tech Mahindra’s leaders who will be happy to explain the portfolio of Network Services on offer. The event will feature leading industry analysts, as well as customers and partners, who will share their insights and discuss latest solutions and opportunities that can be applied to your business to reduce costs, accelerate innovation, transform your business, and foster growth.