Businesses around the world increasingly depend on external IT partners to deliver Application Management and Infrastructure support services. Over the years this service has evolved into a robust, predictable and scalable model. However, one challenge that client organizations continue to face is getting real-time and meaningful insight into the health of IT operations and services. Recent analysis by a leading analyst firm shows that IT performance measurement and metrics continue to top the CIOs to-do lists as they continue to struggle to measure and communicate the value that IT delivers to the organization and their stakeholders.
While generating huge volumes of data is never the issue, the most important part, and often challenging, is the ability to collate, cleanse and integrate this data received from disparate sources, correlate that data in a timely manner, and make it available real-time to key decision makers. While there are multiple products available for getting this done, the real question is how many companies want to spend the huge amounts that come associated with these products. My guess is, NOT TOO MANY!!!
Now, imagine signing up for an Application Maintenance, Support deal and getting this value add free? Wouldn't that be the icing on the cake? Imagine a well-designed executive dashboard including key features like:
- Clear visibility into operational metrics and KPIs, real-time with actionable insight for better governance and control
- Value demonstration of IT using standardized metrics and KPIs aligned with business
- Customization capability to suit different stakeholder needs (different decision making roles and perspectives)
- Automation of data-collation from multiple disparate sources (to enable real-time or near real-time reporting)
- Available on-the-go, with clear intuitive visualizations.
As I sign off, I would like to leave you with a thought. In today's world where CIOs spend up a majority of their IT budget to keep the 'lights on', will they be willing to spend additional dollars on a product for data insights or would they prefer an IT partner who understands the importance of real-time analysis and proactively bundles the same as a part of the application maintenance deal? The choice is yours to make!