Technological advances and upheavals have enabled field service organizations to change the way they conduct business along with the current economic climate. On one hand, field service businesses can benefit from technologies like artificial intelligence (AI), the internet of things (IoT), cloud computing, field service management software, geolocation, and so forth. On the other hand, they are undergoing a cultural transition to match the advantages of digitization to their customers and operational procedures.
Field service businesses need to start looking at technology and innovation as an investment rather than a cost moving forward. The only option to move forward is to restructure the way of doing business to accommodate the new realities.
Business Challenges in Field Services
At any given time, there are millions of field service technicians performing tasks. In fact, many businesses employ hundreds of field technicians to handle growing demand. However, there are certain challenges that may stand in the way of organizations being able to offer satisfying and effective field services.
These may include the following:
- Work Order Management: Bad workflow leading to poor productivity and efficiency levels
- Overhead Cost: Manual processes merge short-lived measure of cost saving
- Invoice and Payment Management: Multiple payment cycle leading to error lack of integration
- Route Planning: Lack of tools to track and monitor live location
- Real Time Communication: Delay in information sharing between field force and back-office
- Efficiency and Productivity: Lack of data-support to find underlying issues and poorly set metrics; and insufficient data support for forecasting
- Scheduling and Dispatch: Time consuming manual processes cause scheduling conflict
With more and more reliance on advanced equipment, hardware and systems, the range of industries that incorporate field services in their daily activities is always growing. These industries include:
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Energy and Utilities
- Financial Services
Thus, to capitalize the market opportunity, Tech Mahindra has developed a SaaS + BPaaS offering focused on field services to transform enterprise telco’s and help in optimizing their filed spend and contribute to customer experience (CX).
In a live interactive session hosted on LinkedIn, industry leaders Bharath Vasudevan, Chief Capability Officer – Business Process Services, Tech Mahindra, Saurabh Rai, Global Head Analytics – Business Process Services, Tech Mahindra, Abhinav, VP Analytics – Business Process Services, Tech Mahindra, along with Praveen Kumar Gubiligari, Principal Consulting, Capability – Business Process Services, Tech Mahindra came together to throw light on the scope in field service management and how to address the emerging challenges with competent capabilities andsolutions.
During the LinkedIn live interaction, the experts from Tech Mahindra BPS shared their insights on:
- How to leverage data-led business intelligence to optimize field ecosystem
- How to address the challenges like cost, customer experience (CX) and technician productivity
- Identifying areas for optimizing field services
Access the session recording to gain deeper insights on the scope and addressed challenges in field service management:
About the Author
Chief Capability Officer – Tech Mahindra Business Process Services
Bharath Vasudevan has over two decades of experience in leadership roles across global Fortune 500 organizations and has created and led several world-class teams with diverse skills and competencies. He has had direct P&L responsibilities for several large portfolios. He has also partnered with leading Fortune 500 companies to drive large and complex projects with diverse stakeholders across the globe and has helped drive efficiency and effectiveness enhancement initiatives across these organizations.